Consumer Finance Litigation
The Schain Law Firm defends financial institutions, governmental units, and merchants in mortgage, consumer and commercial banking related litigation under federal laws including:
- Dodd Frank Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Home Ownership Equity Protection Act
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Real Estate Settlement Practices Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
and state law claims including those arising under:
- Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law
- Mortgage Satisfaction Act
- Credit Services Act
- Fair Credit Uniform Extension Act
- Judgment Satisfaction Act
- Home Improvement and Finance Act
The Firm also represents financial institutions, governmental units, and merchants in creditors' rights and commercial collection litigation, execution proceedings, and bankruptcies.
Achievements of Note:
- Successfully handled hundreds of banking litigation cases including all aspects of mortgage, consumer and commercial loan related litigation including origination, core and default servicing, mortgage fraud, credit reporting, unfair and deceptive trade practices, property preservation, title insurance and REO issues.
- Served as “sourced" counsel for financial institutions ranging from world’s largest banks, nationwide loan servicers, federal and state chartered credit unions, and regional and community banks.
- Created financial entity pre-litigation protocol for pursuing informal "coverage and indemnification" dispute resolution against title insurers resolving and streamlining litigation.
- Reviewed, revised and updated financial institutions employee manuals to comply with Dodd Frank regulations and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
JP Morgan Chase Bank, Wells Fargo Bank, Washington Mutual Bank, Deutsche Bank, City of Philadelphia, Ocwen Financial Corporation, Inc., East River Bank, University of Pennsylvania, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Ukrainian Selfreliance Federal Credit Union, and Litton Loan Servicing